Wednesday 14 April 2010

Hen Party Inspiration




I regularly get asked by brides and bridesmaids-to-be to offer some hen party inspiration. The trend in the past has leaned towards weekends away but lately, I find brides are happier with something a little closer to home that is easier on everybody’s wallet.

La Cucina Caldesi, based in Marylebone London, offers hen’s a delicious day out with all sorts of Italian inspired cookery classes. Eleven friends and I recently trotted off to Marylebone Lane to try it for ourselves.

Met by the charming Giancarlo Caldesi we started with glasses of prosecco. With sleeves rolled up we learnt how to make fresh pasta from scratch with a number of sauces, my favourite being a zesty vodka and lemon sauce. A couple more friends joined us for dinner afterwards to enjoy the fruits of our labour which were served to us along with beautifully paired Italian wines.

Another great idea Giancarlo told us about is Hell’s Cucina at Caldesi in Campagna, Bray. There, guests get the chance to become their version of Gordon Ramsay, working behind the “pass” dishing out abuse to their fellow chefs in the kitchen! A group of 12 to 16 get to cook for their guests, up to 40, experiencing what it is really like to work in a professional kitchen.

www.caldesi.com
email julie.tooby@essentially-you.net for more information

1 comment:

Graphic Foodie said...

What a brilliant idea. I'm a food blogger and am getting married in Italy so this would be so much fun for my UK guests before we all go over. I wasn't going to have a hen party (as have strong aversion to walking around town with wobblers on my head or fancy dress) but this may change my mind.